A Sad tale to tell at the Maungaturoto Vet Centre today




By now you would think the world would be a caring place. Animals (and people too) it seems though sometimes get the raw end of the deal. Some only live a few days before their young lives end. Others are abandoned by their careless uncaring owners and left to the wilderness to somehow survive. Most don't. The kids and I had to go to the Maungaturoto Vet Centre today to get some worming tablets for Dream and Emerald. Outside the Vet Centre was this..........
Summer means kitten time and an over abundance it seems this year. Inside Katherine at the vets had a sad tale to tell me and the girls about the situation for two particular cats they had there in the centre...This poor mother cat was abandoned along with her kittens by some uncaring careless person. Mother cat has been speyed by the caring team at the Maungaturoto Vet Centre and she needs a new home
So do her beautiful litter of kittens................
Then there was this very sad little kitten that someone had dumped and someone else had found and brought into the vet centre. She needs a home too

Comments

  1. yes it is sad how irresponsible people are about their pets by not spaying and neutering. I'm a HUGE advocate of that, I hate the cruelty of abandoning pets. We have the problem here too liz, and I'm sure its all around the world. I want to take them all home, thats why norm dont like me to go into the Vets office! I used to dream about winning the lottery and adopting strays and haveing a "cat house" where people could come adopt, or they would live with out being abandoned, or worse yet, put down...hmmm I would probably get overwhelemed with cats very quickly. sad indeed....we all claim to care....funny how people dont show it by letting babies be born they dont want.
    IF VETS WOULDNT CHARGE SO MUCH FOR A SPAY OR NEUTER THEN IT MIGHT HELP THE SITUATION....$75...TO SPAY A DOG!!!!????? $50.00 FOR A CAT???? PEOPLE OF ALL INCOMES SHOULD BE ABLE TO HAVE A PET RESPONSIBLY WITHOUT SUCH EXPENSIVE BILLS THE FIRST 2 MONTHS YOU GET AN ANIMAL...IF THEY WANT RESPONSIBLE OWNERS THEN THEY NEED TO HELP THE SITUATION....NOT MAKE IT WORSE..SHOULDNT THOSE WITH LOW INCOME BE ABLE TO HAVE A FAMILY PET??? THEY OFTEN CANNOT AFFORD TO SPAY OR NEUTER AND I THINK THAT IS WHERE THE MAJORITY OF STRAYS COME FROM....YES I SEE THEY WANT TO 'MAKE' PEOPLE RESPONSIBLE SOMEHOW BUT THIS SYSTEM ISNT WORKING! Okay I could go on and on but I'll take up all your comment space..I'd better stop there

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know. on the positive side at least they dropped them off at the vet centre rather than drowning or dumping them on the side of the road...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Rae Yes it makes me so angry. I've told the kids there are no more kittens!!! I'm just so sad I couldn't give anymore a home. Catch up soon

    Love Liz

    Amy you are so right and they're being properly looked after which is great

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, those cats are beautiful! I wish I could take one home...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Red Clover We ended up taking two kittens home now we have four cats! Never mind at least two more will have a home. Good news is the little kitten that was abandoned has been given a caring home. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts