Beauty on a $10 Drawing pad


It's the old saying "Beauty is only skin deep" and yet out there we have magazines that tell us how the ideal look should be. I took a liking to the image of a model in an old style magazine I had lying around from hair shampoo advert. So I tore it out and so far this is the result. I loved the lighting on the model's face. One thing that has reminded me as I've been drawing this image over the last few days. It's a good thing to create and to remember none of us are in any way perfect. We're only human beings after all. Each day I've just done a bit more when I get the time. I'm liking what I'm seeing which is good and it's a great way to learn about how the human face goes together.

This year I think I've reached a new level in my art where I'm not limited myself to just animals anymore. Maybe I could do with a few life drawing classes, but they are miles away to travel to. The world is not perfect and never will be. This face is not suffering and yet out there there are ordinary people trying to make their way through lives filled with wars, natural disasters and other catastrophic events.

Count yourself lucky if you aren't experiencing those things right now. Just say life is good and be kind to those who aren't so lucky. Happy 2012.

Comments

Popular Posts