The Old Tram Mt Wesley Dargarville Northland NZ

This old tram has some old memories for me, For many many years it sat on a section in a little bay that was named after it. Tramcar Bay is still called that. As kids my sisters and I used to walk past the old trams that were used as holiday homes for many generations of families. This one was painted a bright pink colour and it used to have flower boxes all around it. The people that owned it were really nice and we used to play with their kids. Then progress caught up and the old tram one day vanished never to be seen again in the little bay.

I found it again in Dargaville 20 years after vanishing - sadly falling apart and now perhaps beyond repair. Once it trundled around the streets of Auckland perhaps or another part of New Zealand.At least though some of the old trams have been restored and saved so we can still enjoy them

Comments

  1. My sister-in-law's family have an old executive train car that they use as a holiday house on Widbey Is. across from Seattle. It is a great place to visit and fits an amazingly large crew!

    I am so glad that you came by for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never been there but I love old trams...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd love to have an old tram. It's be worth all the resource consent stuff to have one on the back section. Ah, dreams ...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts