A song for spring and why cows make terrible window cleaners #FarmVoices #NorthlandNZ


My youngest daughter Michelle started singing lessons last year to help her with her speech and confidence. For those who don't know our family, Michelle was diagnosed with autism just before her third birthday. Over the last almost 16 years I've worked with her to help her gain independence. We've had fantastic support from the teachers at the local christian school she attends. A few months ago the school started preparing for the Christian Schools Convention which is held in Auckland each year. Michelle worked very hard on her song "Precious Jesus" with her wonderful singing teacher Maura. As a result, she gained third place in the platform event for singing. Inaya kindly vidoed Michelle on stage singing a very beautiful song. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have. And then there is this video. I took it yesterday afternoon after my rather naughty (but much loved) Terrorist jersey cow came to pay me a visit and 'clean' my windows again. Now you know why cows make lousy window cleaners. Slimey bovine sandpaper tongues don't do much to bring up the shine, it's more a foggy kind of look. I do have more to write, but I'll save the rest for the next post.

Comments

  1. I know you're proud of your daughter,she seems so confident. I'm glad the cows here can't get close enough to 'wash' my windows!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts