Those quiet moments when you just need to forget your troubles - listen to your kids

Sometimes I just need to get away from my troubles. I've had a few worries of late, how to pay the bills, what my future holds workwise and how would I get through Christmas. Inaya though reminded me yesterday that we live in a special place. She suggested we went for a walk into the bush. It's been a while since I've really spend any time down there just walking through and looking around. With the crazy dog in tow, Inaya with her archery gear in hand we both decided to go and forget both of our worries and fears for a while.

I had almost forgotten how beautiful our farm really is. When you get so entangled up in your own troubles, get too busy and can't seem to find the time to even find a spare half hour just to go and walk, look and take in what nature can bring. So I stopped, and looked all around at the old totara trees, the ferns on the edge of the stream bank and listened to the sound of Tui and water. Maybe it was trying to tell me something. Telling me I needed to come again and just .......listen.

And the lesson I learned from our journey together into the bush last night? Sometimes our children can be far wiser than we give them credit for. Sometimes we need to stop and listen when it all gets too much.

And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain. When you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” ― Haruki Murakami

Comments

Popular Posts