Perspectives on life - Myself, Leon,Carlos & Pat

IMG_0811


This we know: the earth does not belong to man, man belongs to the earth. All things are connected like the blood that unites us all. Man did not weave the web of life, he is merely a strand in it. Whatever he does to the web, he does to himself.

- Attributed to Chief Seattle

* You may notice this post is also in Portuguese. This is because we have a new face joining the Mad Bush Farm Crew say Hi to Carlos guys. More on Carlos in this post.

I've seen and experienced many things during the course of my life. No I haven't travelled the world or done wonderfully exciting things such as going on a great adventure..yet my life has been one great adventure and I didn't have an air ticket to do it.

My plane has my journey through out my life. How I feel, what I've seen, how I've learned to cope with things when faced with a challenge. Sometimes I've walked myself into a quagmire and somehow managed to get myself out of it. I've had loss, grief, more grief, worry, pain and happiness. Sometimes people say to me "I don't know how you did it" I'm still asking myself that same question from time to time but the truth is by nature I am a strong person. With each crisis that came along I had to walk through that desert of despair and keep looking to the horizon of possibilities. Crisis became challenge - challenge became find the solution. I am an optimist by my nature - no matter what the challenge I always seem to look for a positive outcome. And for me it works. As someone has quoted:

The man on the mountain top didn't fall there

In other words we all have our mountains to climb. Whether in business,family,life experience,childhood it's a journey with highs and low's, now and then we'll hit a rock slide or two and sometimes get caught up with things we didn't ask for. We have faced fear somewhere in our lives - it's how we deal with it that matters.

My philosophy is learn to face the challenge, learn from the experience, take the lesson learned as new wisdom to pass on - after all life is forever a continuing educational experience.
IMG_7320

Take the writings for instance of talented Freelance Author Leon Basin. Leon is just 23 years old. In his book "Thoughts on Fire" Leon brings together a series of observations and perspectives covering (dare I say it) Life, the Universe and everything. His essay on "Riding my bike around the City" gives a fresh perspective on the urban landscape. Instead of... I got on my bike and rode it down the road..Leon approaches it from the point of view of seeing the world stand still if only for a second, finding great joy in the energy of life's (smallest of) moments.

He starts with.."Riding my bike around the city was a wonderful experience. Flowers smelling sweet. Children playing outside, without much worries in the world. Wind continued to make noise in the back of my ears. A calming sensation of pure satisfaction.."

I'm still reading "Thoughts on Fire" Leon challenges the reader through out each essay. He covers society, religion, belief, the seeing of life through an alternative point of view. He says what he thinks and he challenges us to do like wise. I believe Leon has a great future as a writer. Check out Leon's Book "Thoughts on Fire" here

From another perspective: I had an email from Carlos in Portugal. Carlos wrote to me concerning Ian Walthew's blog Farmblogs from around the World. I co-edit this (when I get the time) with Ian. Ian kindly blogged Carlos' email on Farmblogs. Worth a read if you can spare some time. Carlos came from the point of view that in Portugal Life there for a farmer isn't at all easy he writes...

I'm a Portuguêse farmer, and I look around my country, about others blogs about farmers but I haven't found any.

Being farmer in Portugal is very ,very difficult, because we have nothing. No information, no associations, NOTHING.
We must have a lot of courage, power and love about what we do.

When I hear people complain about the weather, or something as trivial as the taste of their coffee I can only think look at Carlos and how he is prepared to stick hard to what he loves and believes in. Carlos to me is an inspiration to not those those in his own home country but to those of us who are in farming be it large or small. Yes I complain about the weather being too dry when I watch my pasture growth go into arrest. We can't always have things the way we like to have it. Many of my dairy farming friends wisely had lowered their farm budgets just in case Fonterra lowered the milk solid payout. Sure enough next season's payout forecast is NZD$4.55 per kg of milk solids. Not much when you've got high inputs to return back into the running of the farm. Take a moment to read Carlos' blog
Thank you Carlos for giving voice to your fellow farmers. An excellent blog and well worth the time taken reading. Fresh, brilliantly written, well thought out. A credit to his country for speaking out. No - life for Carlos is not easy and we all have to appreciate just how fortunate we all are, when we see people having to struggle on day to day basis.

Pat from The Weaver of Grass has always maintained that Farmers are a unique breed (so to speak) I think as individuals, farmers or not, we all find our strengths when faced with a challenge and deal with it. Pat is another with a fantastic outlook on life. She writes with the finesse of the poet and incredible creative writer she is. Each post Pat does is a self contained story. I've really enjoy her blog.

Just stop for moment, take a look at the world and breathe it all in - isn't it wonderful? I think so.
IMG_7124
Isto sabemos: a terra não pertence ao homem, o homem pertence à terra. Todas as coisas estão ligadas como o sangue que une todos nós. O homem não tecer a teia da vida, ele é apenas uma vertente nele. Tudo o que ele faz para a web, ele faz a si próprio.
- Atribuído ao Chief Seattle

* Você pode perceber este post é também em Português. Isso é porque nós temos uma nova cara a adesão à Mad Bush Fazenda Crew dizer a Carlos Olá rapazes. Mais informações sobre Carlos neste post.

Tenho visto e experimentado muitas coisas durante o curso da minha vida. Não tenho viajado o mundo ou não feito maravilhosamente excitante coisas acontecendo, como uma grande aventura .. mas a minha vida tem sido uma grande aventura e eu não tinha um bilhete de avião para o fazer.

Meu avião foi minha jornada através da minha vida. Como eu sinto, o que eu tenho visto, como eu aprendi a lidar com as coisas quando é confrontada com um desafio. Às vezes eu andei sozinho em um pântano e de algum modo conseguiu obter mim sair dela. Tive perda, dor, mais tristeza, preocupação, dor e felicidade. Às vezes as pessoas dizem-me "Não sei como você fez" Ainda estou pedindo que a mim mesma pergunta ao longo do tempo, mas a verdade é, por natureza, sou uma pessoa forte. A cada crise que surgiu eu tive de caminhar por esse deserto do desespero e manter olhando para o horizonte de possibilidades. Crise tornou desafio - desafio foi encontrar a solução. Eu sou um otimista por minha natureza - não importa o que o desafio que parecem sempre a olhar para um resultado positivo. E para mim isso funciona. Como alguém já citado:

O homem no topo da montanha não caem lá

Em outras palavras todos temos nossas montanhas para escalar. Quer seja em negócios, família, vida experiência, infância, é um percurso com altos e baixos's, agora e depois vamos bater um rock slide ou dois e, por vezes, caem com coisas que não pedimos. Temos enfrentado algum medo em nossas vidas - é a forma como lidamos com ele o que interessa.

Minha filosofia é aprender a enfrentar o desafio, aprender com a experiência, ter aprendido a lição de como uma nova sabedoria de passar - afinal a vida é sempre uma experiência educacional contínua.

Pegue por exemplo os escritos de talentosos autônomos Leon Autor Bacia. Leão é só de 23 anos. Em seu livro "Thoughts on Fire" Leon reúne uma série de observações e perspectivas cobrindo (ouso dizê-lo) Vida, o Universo e tudo mais. Seu ensaio sobre "Riding minha bicicleta ao redor da Cidade" dá uma nova perspectiva sobre a paisagem urbana. Em vez de ... Tenho na minha moto e ela andava pela estrada .. Leon abordagens que, do ponto de vista de ver o mundo stand ainda que apenas por um segundo, uma grande alegria em encontrar a energia da vida (dos mais pequenos) momentos.

Ele começa com .. "Riding minha bicicleta ao redor da cidade foi uma experiência maravilhosa. Flores cheiro doce. Crianças jogando fora, sem grandes preocupações no mundo. Eólica continuou a fazer barulho na parte de trás das minhas orelhas. Acalmação Uma sensação de pura satisfação .. "

Ainda estou leitura "Thoughts on Fire" Leon desafios ao leitor através de cada ensaio. Ele abrange sociedade, religião, crença, vendo a vida através de um ponto de vista alternativos. Ele diz que o que ele pensa e ele nos desafia a fazer como o sábio. Creio Leão tem um grande futuro como escritor. Confira Leon's Book "Thoughts on Fire" aqui

De uma outra perspectiva: Eu tinha um e-mail de Carlos, em Portugal. Carlos escreveu para mim relativo Ian Walthew o blog de Farmblogs de todo o mundo. Eu co-editar este (quando chegar a hora), com Ian. Ian gentilmente blog Carlos' e-mail sobre Farmblogs. Vale a pena ler se você pode poupará algum tempo. Carlos veio do ponto de vista que, em Portugal, Vida lá por um agricultor não é nada fácil ele escreve ...

Eu sou um português agricultor, e eu olho em volta do meu país, cerca de outros blogs sobre os agricultores, mas não encontrei nenhum.

Ser agricultor em Portugal é muito, muito difícil, porque não temos nada. Sem informação, sem associações, NADA.
Temos de ter muita coragem, força e amor do que fazemos.

Quando ouço as pessoas se queixam do tempo, ou algo tão trivial como o sabor do seu café eu acho que só pode olhar para Carlos, e como ele está preparado para ficar duro para que ele ama e acredita Carlos polegadas para mim é uma inspiração para não aqueles aqueles em seu próprio país, mas para aqueles de nós que estão na agricultura seja ela grande ou pequena. Sim, eu queixar-se o tempo a ser muito seco quando eu ir ver o meu crescimento em pastagem detenção. Nós não podemos ter sempre as coisas da forma como gostaríamos de ter. Muitos dos meus amigos produção leiteira sabiamente tinha reduzido os seus orçamentos agrícolas só no caso do leite baixou Fonterra sólidos pagamento. Claro suficientemente próxima época de pagamento do previsão é NZD $ 4,55 por kg de leite sólidos. Não é muito elevado quando você tem entradas para voltar a correr em volta da fazenda. Tome um momento para ler Carlos' blog
Obrigado Carlos por dar voz aos seus compatriotas agricultores. E excelente blog e valeu a pena o tempo que leva leitura. Frescos, brilhantemente escrito, bem pensado. Um crédito ao seu país para falar para fora. Sem vida de Carlos não é fácil e todos temos de apreciar o quão feliz todos nós, quando vemos as pessoas terem de lutar no dia a dia.

Pat Weaver A partir de Grass sempre manteve que os agricultores são uma única raça (por assim dizer) Eu acho que, enquanto indivíduos, os agricultores ou não, todos nós encontrar a nossa força quando confrontados com um desafio e lidar com ele. Pat é outro com uma fantástica visão sobre a vida. Ela escreve com a sutileza do poeta e escritor criativo incrível ela é. Cada posto Pat faz é uma auto contidos história. Eu realmente gosto de seu blog.

Basta parar de momento, ter um olhar para o mundo e tudo isso em respirar - não é maravilhoso? Eu acho que sim.


















Comments

  1. This is exciting Liz. We all know the internet is a worldwide phenomenon but to have Mr Basin contact you with his story is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liz, you have a wonderful blog and I adore your talent! Stop by my blog, there is an award there for you! Best, D
    http://mygemstonebox.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Amy..Believe me Leon's book is an incredible. It was Carlos that contacted me not Leon but funny enough Leon came onto this blog and said Hi I've been a follower of his writings ever since. He's awesome, talented and wise for his years. Recommended reading in my eyes.

    Hi Diane

    Oh you're spoiling me!LOL Yes I will come over especially now (I hope) blogger is allowing me to post up photos and comment again properly it's been cruel to me for ten days and I've had to use flickr to embed my images into my blog posts.

    Hugs and love to you both
    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good one, very interesting, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is so true ... we do have so much and whine about the weather or what have you when others have so little. We need to "stop and smell the roses". Sounds like a good book, too!

    Kim Carolan
    President, Carolan Creative Enterprises, LLC
    http://walkingthroughthevalleyoftheshadow.blogspot.com
    www.strategicbookpublishing.com/walkingthroughthevalleyoftheshadowofdeath.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi guys

    Bridget. Thank you! Hope you are well. Sorry i haven't been over yet. So busy with too much on. Take care Hope you are well.Liz

    Kim - Hi Kim wonderful of you to drop and visit. Having a look at your blog now. And yes it is all so true.

    Take care
    Liz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts