A True Kiwi Icon - The TVNZ Goodnight Kiwi and the Cat

I miss the Goodnight Kiwi and the Cat. Twenty four hour television coming in 1994 signaled the end of the iconic cartoon clip that used to play at close down on TVNZ each night. That's progress for you. My kids were asking last night if the TV ever closed down for the night. I told them it used to and then I told them all about the Goodnight Kiwi and the cat cartoon. TVNZ though have brought them back on their website so we can once again enjoy our favourite close down icons. Found the video on youtube as well so...here it is

Comments

  1. I LOVE the goodnight kiwi, a true kiwi icon he is and the cat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember putting a link to a YouTube vid of the Goodnight Kiwi on a message board ages ago. The oohs and ahhs from the Kiwi ex-pats just went on forever ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Goodnight Kiwi. Had to post about him and the cat!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its sad how all the good tv is becoming history!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree Rae. Now they have crap on TV. I have Sky digital but even that at times is crap. I miss that Kiwi!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10545952

    " 1:12PM Monday Dec 01, 2008

    Iconic New Zealand characters Kiwi and the Cat return to TVNZ screens tonight with a special Christmas message."

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts