Hearing the songs of Angels - Yulia & Friends Concert last night #NorthlandNZ


Last night the family and I went to see Yulia & Friends at the Kaiwaka Sports Complex. It was extra special because Yulia was one of the reasons why my autistic daugher Michelle at age five began to sing and talk. My mum bought Yulia's first album Into the West back in 2004. She had it on and Michelle went upstairs to listen. She sat there rocking back and forth listening to the beautiful voice singing equally beautiful songs.. So mum gave it to her. I had to put it on every day for over a year. Every day Michelle listened and started to sing the words. I never thought that just over ten years later the very person who inspired my daughter would invite Michelle to perform in her charity concert at Kaiwaka. We had a fantastic night. Yulia looked after Michelle on the stage. It was just magic. Below is Michelle on stage last night singing the beautiful song Panis Angelicus.
 

Comments

Popular Posts